Monday, November 10, 2008

An uneventful weekend


Despite the refrigerator quitting Friday, we had a slow weekend. Saturday, Jeff left early to help dad work cattle, and after completing his own chores got home around 4:00. I had taken allergy medicine and spent most of the afternoon on the couch trying to referee two grouchy boys. When Jeff got home, I went to Iola to get puppy food, pizza, and movies. We watched Kung Fu Panda and I promptly fell back asleep. I woke a few times to fighting boys, the last time finally asking Jeff what time his watch said. Even in my allergy induced coma, I thought the clock said 7:30 every time I looked at it. Turns out, it was 10:40 and the battery in the clock was dead, so the boys got to stay up late Saturday. Sunday we cleaned out the fridge, then went to Andy & Linda's for lunch. After lunch we created some Shrinkee Dinks (sp.) then went home and napped. Mom and dad brought our 4-wheeler home that evening, so we planned our trip to Branson, ate pizza, and watched Kung Fu Panda again. Next weekend we go to Branson so all that rest will do me some good!

3 comments:

Suesan said...

Sooooo, the question still stands. Did you manage to find a replacement for your fridge? I imagine you are living out of coolers? I seem to remember doing that when the electricity was out in that nasty ice storm we had quite a few years ago. I imagine your Mom remembers that too. Good luck with your search.

Andrea Hermreck said...

So, I want to know how you make that little collage of pictures? That's pretty cute. Andrea

Emily said...

I use Picasa to create teh collage. It is erally easy. Call me when you get home and I will tell you more.