Saturday night Andrea, Lauren, and I took the boys to the Haunted hay maze. After map quest sent us on a wild goose chase, we discovered that the maze was 5 miles straight south of my house! We stood in line for a little while waiting to get to enter, then the adventure began! At first, it is as though you are walking through a haunted house. Once through it you are outside in the hay maze, with two scare actors down, the big question was "How many more?" We wound our way around with the guidance of Andrew and his glow necklace. Round and round we went, with no scare actors yet. We enter a large open area with a tree in the center, then through a passageway to another open area with a few options for exits. Little did we know we would revisit this exact area three more times before finally making our way out. Back the way we came thinking the exit must be the other way. Dead end after dead end lead us back to the large open areas. This time however, the scare actor who had hid so well the first time that Lauren had touched his prop, got us good. We leave the way we came with the kids both saying they want out and don't ever want to come back. Round and round again, all knowing in the back of our heads we would have to face the scare actor again. Lauren and I went ahead to find the exit and Andrea stayed behind with my frightened kids. We thought that talking to him might save us a scare, so we enter the circle, start scouring the edge for the way out, when Lauren says "He's coming", I turn around and he is right over me, I probably jumped 10 feet high, and I knew he was there!! But it was worth it, we found the exit! After going through the maze, you follow a rock trail through their back yard that is full of old and odd trinkets. Then to the outdoor kitchen for a roasted marshmallow, and the concession stand for popcorn. Andrew had marshmallow from one cheek to the other by the time we got home. When we got home, the fire pit was still hot from roasting hot dogs for supper, so we made smores. Colby was so tired by now, he could hardly feed himself. All in all a very fun Autumn evening!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Emily, What a great story and pictures. I hope it was easier this time to post than getting started. We also went to a haunted maze but I have connections so I stated they were little and no scaring as I sure did not want the little ones never to want to experience a maze again. Derek was the only one to say BOO but after the mask was off it was okay. Sorry you got so scared by the actors.
Post a Comment