
Well, we ended up keeping the little male puppy with the kink in his tail. He is the best natured puppy I have ever seen. He would prefer to sleep than rough house. The boys are in love with him, and I think Jeff and I are also! He spends most of the evening in the house with us sleeping.
During the day though, either him, or his mother have to go into the dog pen. Not much fun, but a necessity since his momma won't stay home. Take today for example, all three dogs were asleep on the front porch when Jeff left, and Mattie had been limping, so he left them out. When he came home at lunch, the older dogs were home, but not Bo. He looked a little bit, but had to get back to work. When I got home with the kids, we drove around looking for him. Jeff ended up finding him on the neighbors land with his foot caught in a hunting trap. As you can see from the pictures, his front right paw is very swollen. Luckily, he is walking fairly well on it now, so we don't think it is broken. Earlier this week, the neighbors grown dog had been caught in the trap as well, but was there for at least 24 hours, and his leg was pretty tore up.
No comments:
Post a Comment